The Italian POW Church, located in Durban Road in Pietermaritzburg, also known as Our Lady of Mercy, was constructed towards the end of second world war by Italian prisoners of war, who were captured by British forces. The Italian soldiers were held in
Comrades House Museum: 5 km Golden Horse Casino: 5 km Winston Churchill Theatre: 5 km Scottsville Race Course: 5 km
The Pietermaritzburg Farmers Market was started back in September of 1991 by Mrs Clifton with the assistance of local farmers, and initially consisted of only twelve stalls. The market is held at Alexandra Park.
The Dusi canoe marathon, named after the Umsundusi River, takes place annually during the month of January, and sees thousands of keen paddlers making their way from Durban to Pietermaritzburg, much like the Comrades Marathon. The race is the oldest of
The Garden of Remembrance is located in the city of Pietermaritzburg, and is dedicated to soldiers who died during the first and second world wars. South African troops were sent to France to the village of Longueval in order to provide support to the Bri
The original cell block of the Burger Street Jail in Pietermaritzburg was built in 1862 as a replacement for the Voortrekker jail which was located on the market square in the centre of Pietermaritzburg. The Burger Street Jail is one of the longest exi
The Blue Caterpillar Art Gallery together with the well stocked Butterfly Craft Shop and the Painted Lady Coffee Shop, forms part of the Butterflies for Africa Complex in Pietermaritzburg. The Blue Caterpillar Gallery was established in 2001, and cover
Old Colonial Building located in Church Street was built in 1899, and is a popular attraction of the city of Pietermaritzburg. As suggested by the name , this handsome old Victorian building belonged to the period of the colonial rule in the country, a
Alexandra Park in Pietermaritzburg, is a tranquil and scenic venue on the banks of the Umsunduzi River where the annual Art in the Park event is held. Planning and preparations for the event is extensive, and the park is transformed from its everyday a
Macrorie House: 7 km
Built in 1862, once the residence of Bishop William Macrorie, the museum now houses furnishings of early British Settlers, and a miniature chapel.
Logos Guesthouse in Bisley, Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal Logos Lodge offers 5 double or twin rooms allowing you to have individual attention as well as total privacy. All rooms are serviced daily and have en-suite bathrooms as well as their own private entrance.